Over a month ago I had a strange dream in which I was having a discussion with Sir David Attenborough, Charles Darwin, and an unidentified Englishman. We were debating the process of Earth creation. It was truly nice debate that the dream stuck in my mind. However over the period of the following weeks I kept wondering who was that Englishman, well... I saw his picture today and now I identified him as Sir Isaac Newton.
I spent the past five hours reading about Newton and I have concluded what is written in this journal entry title. Newton is a Muslim! Sure this will probably require months if not years of research to prove... but I'll make it very short.
1) Rejected trinitarianism and believed in One God
2) Believed in monotheistic God as the masterful creator whose existence could not be denied in the face of the grandeur of all creation
3) Believed that the Bible is the word of God
4) Believed that not all of the Bible is correct and that it has been manipulated
5) Refused to take holy orders during his professorship at Cambridge
6) Introduced a different thinking about life and the universe -it cannot go on without continuous intervention from God
7) Some of those who were fascinated by Newton had change of perspective towards Islam after becoming 'fans' of Newton work. Voltaire is one example where he wrote a play bashing Islam's Prophet but later on started to praise Islam to some level.
From all of the above, it can be concluded that Newton's beliefs were inline with the principles of Islam. Furthermore, details of his scientific views are identical to the teaching of Quran. In fact, some of his scientific statements regarding solar system were almost a recitation of the Quran. "Indeed, we have explained in detail Our proofs for people who know"(6:98). Therefore, I conclude Sir Isaac Newton a Muslim.